HOA Exterior Color Recommendations
October 7, 2022
We recently updated the list of HOA-approved exterior paint colors. Clicking on the following link will download a 9-page PDF file. The colors on the left side of the paint color tables are those of Benjamin Moore, with Sherwin-Williams colors on the right.
Per the CC&Rs, the choice of exterior paint/stain color schemes for homes in the neighborhood should be in keeping with the general aesthetic of the neighborhood and requires the approval of the HOA Board. The Board recognizes that there are many opinions as to what is acceptable and what is not acceptable and will endeavor to be equitable in the review and approval of proposed colors.
Homeowners still have the option to submit colors outside of these color recommendations, but the approval process will likely take longer, and will have less chance of being approved. Homeowners can use any paint brand they choose, it does not need to be Sherwin Williams. Please avoid stark or very bright colors/shades, and no glossy paints.
Sherwin Williams has a convenient tool to paint a picture of a house with your selected colors, their ColorSnap Visualizer.
Process to get your exterior house paint color approved:
- Choose colors in-line with the above mentioned color schemes
- Identify the primary color and trim colors; include front door and garage doors if you plan on painting them
- Get a URL to view each color on the manufacturer's website
- Submit a Paint Approval request on our Request Manager to start the Paint Approval process
- You'll be notified typically within 2-3 days of your approval or rejection, or if more information is needed
- Once you get approval, you can start your painting project
- If you have to change any colors, you need to notify the board before changing.
For any questions, please send an email to our Construction Compliance board member at email@example.com.